Although I left the Boston area not even three weeks ago, my roadtrip to California feels so far etched in the past! My little car was fully stocked - I didn't even think everything would fit, but it did! Well, almost everything... I left behind two trash bags of clothes, and one bag with all my shoes and boots! My current shoe wardrobe is now pretty modest - 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of flip flops, and 2 pairs of wedges. The drive was beautiful and always changing - it went from vast farmland, to steep mountain passes, to brown stretches of desert, and then finally, to palm trees and ocean views!
Highlights (both good and bad) from the trip out west:
I'm so happy to be here. There's still a lot to do to get really, truly settled, but I'm getting there! And sooo happy to be back on the blogging circuit. Can't wait to hear what you all have been up to over the past couple of weeks!
- Sitting in stopped traffic for two hours in Massachusetts
- Having the best.grilled.cheese.of.my.life at Bin 707
- Finding awesome deals on hotels thanks to Hotwire and Priceline!
- Driving into Denver as the sun was setting
- Only eating "unhealthy" fast food once (KFC)
- A morning hike in Zion National Park
- Crossing into California!